When I googled virtual pet, I found many sites offering free virtual pet. As I went on, I found Neopets is a very popular site for people who are looking for virtual sites. I got to know that on 22 Feb 2005 Wall Street Journal published an article, "Web's Addictive Neopets Are Ready for Big Career Leap" by Nick Wingfield. The article talks about the "built in advertising" opportunities called "immersive advertising" developed by Neopets, the popularity of the pets, retail opportunities, stickiness of the site (length of visits), bans on religious and political discussion, strong appeal of the site to girls, trying to keep the site safe and fun. It is said to be an excellent review of the Neopets site and the issues surrounding it.
Here is the detailed info of my pet.
Neopet Name : RongQiuQiu
Species : Bruce
Gender : Female
Color : Green
Height : 80 cms.
Weight : 125 lbs.
Strength : quite strong
Defence : average
Movement : average
Intelligence : average
My RongQiuQiu lives in the jungle. She likes hunting for treasures, and greets others by running away. I fed her and read books to her, and she turned out to be full and happy. But her ability level is still very low! It is said that:
At certain levels (stages of growth and experience), your pet will gain certain powers. These range from the ability to hide to shooting fireballs or flying! Every couple of levels your pet will gain new abilities. This page allows you to view and activate these special powers!
All new abilities start at level 1. There are ways to improve the level of your ability but we cannot tell you :)
RongQiuQiu says 'How come you never buy me anything to play with!'
Watch out for the spell faeries, available in the shops... Spell faeries may bless a strong Neopet, but if it is too inexperienced then the faerie will just fly away when you release it.
No comments:
Post a Comment